Skip to main content

My friend had just got an assault 2 due to the fact of His friend stabbing somebody but he didnt do it

Bremerton, WA |

He has never been in récord s and the police doesnt necessarily have proof besides the man who did it put it off.on him how long can he be in custody

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


He needs a criminal defense attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


Immediately have him contact an experieced criminal defense attorney. If what you say is true the proper defenses can be raised. Perhaps then the case will be dismissed as a preliminary matter.

Jonathan N. Portner, Esquire, Portner & Shure, P.A. Maryland and Virginia Personal Injury Attorneys. This response is general information and not legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. This response should not be relied upon. Please note that no attorney-client relationship exists between the sender and the recipient of this message in the absence of either (1) a signed fee contract and (2) remission of an agreed-upon retainer. Absent such an agreement and retainer, I am not engaged by you as an attorney, nor is any other member of my law firm


Assault 2nd is very serious charge. He needs an experience criminal defense attorney NOW. He is looking at 3 -9 months with no criminal history at all and this is a strike. Get an attroney now.

Patrick Owen Earl

Patrick Owen Earl


If my comment/advice was "helpful" or the "best" you can mark it above. Thanks


You may be able to reopen the case based upon the misadvice but seek the help of a local attorney. Doing the immigration matter on your own? A mistake. Seek a criminal defense attorney who also practices immigration.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- postconviction relief and naturalization- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers ( Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members:

Educational purposes answer. | | | | | Non-privileged answer.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer