My friend got her fake ID taken in Maine and she is wondering what the penalties are

Baltimore, MD |

My friend had a fake that got taken away in Maine, and she lives in Maryland. It was taken by a bouncer, but she got a phone call from a police officer saying to call her back. Can you give me an idea of what she should be expecting? She turns 21 in two months.

She used her actual name on the ID and the picture was hers as well, but the state was Virginia.

Filed under: Criminal charges Fraud

Here, in MD, you can get a citation for using a fake identification for purposes of buying alcohol. I"m sure Maine has a similar statute. Is your friend in Maine, now? Or back home in Maryland?

She is in MD now. I know she can get cited but she didn't because a cop didn't take the ID, it was a bouncer. She wants to know if a police officer can get her in trouble/give a citation without any type of proof that she was actually there?

Thomas C Valkenet

Thomas C Valkenet

Yes, he can issue the citation. I actually have a young client that had this very thing happen, two weeks ago, in Maryland. There is no obligation for her to return the phone call of a Maine cop. Rarely does anything good happen when you talk to police.