Skip to main content

My ford f150 caught on fire in my driveway & it wasn't running. Should I contact a lawyer & what type of lawyer?

Indianapolis, IN |

We did not have full coverage insurance & were totally unaware of this recall. We did contact ford & we are sending in pictures & the requested documents. I see there have been similar cases & am wanting to know if Ford is accepting responsibility & compensating people for these damages?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Contact a civil litigation attorney that represents people for defective products. This recall may already be subject to a class action suit. I would not delay in purusing your claim.
Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


I agree with Attorney Patrick, you need to talk with an attorney ASAP.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


I would first contact the dealership and ask for their assistance. The problem is that the cost of an attorney may be too expensive.


From the facts you asserted, it seems that you should definitely contact an attorney who handles Civil Litigation Matters related to Products Liability / Defective Products. You may also be able to recover reasonable (I stress "REASONABLE)" rental car expenses while your matter is being sorted out. I'm sorry to hear about your situation.

This answer should not be used as a final ruling on your case as more facts are needed to fully understand and expound upon your legal inquiry. This answer should be used a short introduction to the legal theories that may apply.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer