Skip to main content

My fiance whom i have an 8 year old daughter was arrested and now serving time he has a detain from ice can we avoid deportation

Fort Myers, FL |

he's been in the states since he was maybe about 4 or 5 he is on the birth certificate but did not get to sign it cus he was working up north at the time please tell me what i can do to avoid his deportation the area where they are originally from is where the most drug wars are in mexico

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I need to know a lot more facts about him (and you) in order to help.

Please see

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


What can be done for your fiancé can only be determined after a complete review of his immigration and immigration histories. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can provide you with case specific advice.

Sent from my iPad

While written by an attorney who is a Florida Bar Certified Specialist in Immigration and Nationality Law, the statements herein should not be construed as legal advice. No attorney/client relationship has been created without a formal consultation with the attorney and the attorney has agreed to accept your case.