Skip to main content

My fiance's fiance-visa... need help!

Chicago, IL |

My fiancé's fiancé-visa was granted earlier this month (post consular interview in India) and is valid for 6 months. Her fiancé visa petition is good for 4 months and expires by end of June. Until when does she have to enter the US as - the petition and issued visa have two different dates. I don't want any problems at customs. Thank you so much in advance.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Visa should have an end date. She needs to be in the US and married to you by that date. Visa is what was stamped in her passport by the Embassy.

800-688-7892, Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.


She needs to enter the US prior to the expiration of the visa stamp.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


6 months she has to enter.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


The visa indicates the date she must enter the U.S.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.


She has until her visa expires to enter the USA.