Skip to main content

My father was deported years ago and can he ever come back? what do i need to do to bring him back?

Wexford, PA |

My dad was deported about a year ago but he's been deported twice. I'm 18 years old and I'm a U.S citizen, I work and study. I work to help my mom with bills and I study because I love it. I want to bring my dad back but this time legal. He's hard worker and doesn't do anything bad. The only reason he came to the us illegally was to live the american dream with us.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The best course of action is to obtain all of his immigration files and determine how to reopen the prior deportation cases and essentially unring the bell. Please retain counsel.


It all depends on why he was deported. Also, as an 18 year old, you cannot petition for him just yet, you must be 21. Is you mother a US Citizen? If so, is she legally married to your dad? I strongly urge you to retain an experienced immigration attorney who will be able to review your dad's situation and advise you of what options, if any, are available for him. Good Luck.

The answers offered here are purely informational and do not create an attorney-client relationship. For more detailed information or to schedule a consultation please contact our office at (718) 924-2896.


My colleagues are correct ... only an attorney reviewing his file can answer your questions.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.