Skip to main content

My father lived in the U.S. with my sister and I we were all green card holders he filed for us to become citizens at the

Freeport, ME |

allotted time INS told him his time accrued in the U.S. wasn't enough time on to file but me and my sister were fine. Could we have become citizens?

we were children my sister and I, my father was here with us going to school in canada, when he went to file for citizenship for us all his timed accrued in the U.S. wasn't enough time to file but my sister and I could have started the process, because we were green card holders and had been for 6 years, could we have been citizens?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Not enough information to answer this quesiton.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.For legal advice please contact us directly through one of the above.


Cannot be determined from the facts posted.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.