Skip to main content

My father has no access to a computer which he needs in order to sumbit the DS 260. Can I submit for him?

Shady Cove, OR |

I am a us citizen and trying to get my father legalized. I understand that the DS 260 should be electronicly signed by my dad. But he does not have access to a computer, so I was thinking I could sumbit for him? Can CdJ track where it was submitted?

+ Read More

Filed under: Immigration
Attorney answers 3


Although you can do the preliminary part of the online application, he needs to find a coffee shop, or other place with a computer to do the final 'button push' on the application.

Yes, they can trace the IP address.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


The actual final "submission" must be done by your father.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer