Skip to main content

My Family are Iraqi Refugees in Turky. I need any advice to expedite their resettlement processing to the US

El Cajon, CA |

I arrived to the US as a refugee 3 months ago while my mother and my brother fled Iraq to Syria and shocked by the same bad security situation in Syria then they fled syria to Turky and registered with UNHCR in Turky 2 years ago and till now they are interviewed only the first interview with UNHCR and do not get the resettlement process and whenever they ask why, they are told that all the resettlement processing of the Iraqis fled from syria to Turky are taking much more time .. I need any advice How can I help my family now? can I file I-730? where should I go?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Yes, unfortunately, it is taking a long time.

There is very little you can do.

But, meeting with an attorney won't hurt.

Meet with an attorney before filing papers.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague, I recommend you meet with an immigration attorney to see how best to move forward.


I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer