Skip to main content

My ex wife is working under my social security number. Can I call her job & have them mail me the W2, so she won't trash it?

Los Angeles, CA |

And can I have her stop using my social, since we are no longer married?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You really want the W2? So you can pay taxes on that money. Why would you allow this type of fraud? Married or something is wrong here that you need to fix.

This is for general information only. Nothing in this information should be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship nor shall any of this information be construed as providing legal advice. Laws change over time and differ from state to state. These answers are based on California Law.Applicability of the legal principles discussed may differ substantially in individual situations. You should not act upon the information presented herein without consulting an attorney about your particular situation. No attorney-client relationship is established.


If she is using your number, then there is a issue as to potential fraud. She need s to use her own number, not yours!



She doesn't have a SSN.


Agreed, this is fraud, and can be a very big deal. Are you compliant in this, or is this just something she did one day and you are trying to deal with it? If you are not compliant, you need to stop this right away as you both could face serious charges.