Skip to main content

My ex-wife falsely accused me of death threats, in fact, this has not happened. The police made a report.

Seattle, WA |

We are divorced and live separately. I have full custody of the children. My ex-wife disagree with decision of the court and she revenge me.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


What you describe happens all of the time. Prosecutor's offices are usually very aggressive in pursuing this sort of case. Its probably going to take a lot more work than you would expect to unravel the mess. The good news is the truth usually prevails in the end. Hire an attorney experienced in these types of cases to help you.

Scott W Lawrence
Law Office of Scott Lawrence
(425) 488-8481

The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.


Unfortunately in a contentious divorce or child custody case, false criminal allegations can be made by the party who is not getting what they want. I have been successful in several similar situations in getting the prosecutor's office not to file charges or to dismiss the charges that have been filed. However, it can take a lot of work on the part of an experienced attorney to help the prosecutor see the difference between a real threat and one that is fabricated by a person unhappy with the Court's decision. You should seek an attorney with significant experience in domestic violence cases, as these are the types of cases where false allegations such as these can arise.