My ex is not following a court order to pay child support...I went to Family court in Central Islip NY in February 2014, l

Saint James, NY |

I went to Family court in Central Islip NY in February 2014, My children's father was directed by the Judge to pay x amount of dollars every month. Previous child support payments were being taken out of his paycheck via CSEB. This hearing was to be our last in family court. The Judge stated this would be temporary as the Judge in the divorce case, which is going on right now, may offer me more support. I also asked about retro from the day I filed and she said it would be taken care of in the divorce proceedings. A couple of weeks after the hearing for child support I noticed the monies were not deposited directly into my account. When I called CSEB, they said they were no longer involved because the judge wrote "Direct" on the order.He has not given me support since. I have court5/6 what

Best Answer

Which court do you have on 5/6, Family or Supreme? You can ask the judge to order the support go through CSEB. If you are in the divorce case they should handle everything here on in. Speak to your attorney about this.

The above is a general answer and is not considered legal advice. You should contact an attorney before proceeding to take any legal action, signing any papers or upon service of a summons.

I go back to family court with the same Judge that heard the last support case, which was on Febuary 5th. if I speak to or get guidance from my divorce attorney I will be charged. Since I have not been recieving the child support payments I am trying to say every penny I can, as I have many expences coming these next few months. I go back to divorce Supreme court in Central Isip May 12th...

Howard E. Knispel

Howard E. Knispel

Your attorney knows your situation best. Yes he/she will charge you for their time but trying to get specific advice here would be less reliable.

It depends upon the status of the order...but depending upon how far back the order was etntered you may have to file a new petition seeking to modify the order.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

The status of the order is current. I did file a new petition and have a Family court date with the same Judge on May 6th. Will he not be held accountable for all the missed child support payments? Obviously he can tell they are not longer being taken out of his check directly. He had a lawyer for all appearances, I didn't. I do have one for the divorce case but cannot afford one for the support case. The support case was started first...thank you.

You should discuss this with the attorney handling your divorce. Temporary orders do expire, you might need another now.

Contact a local divorce lawyer to assist you. Bring in the temporary order for your lawyer to review.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely.