Skip to main content

My ex husband want to roommate with me just because I go to school full time in nursing, does it change the child support?

Dallas, TX |

im going to school full time and my work hours is cut off, my ex told me when can move in together and be room mates to help me out, I need to know if its a good idea or not because hes the nonprimary parent that pays child support, im thinking he's doing to stop paying

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

The order requires him to pay support. HOwever, if he doesn't, you will have to take him to court to get him to pay. Then he can show he was living with the child and helping to pay household bills which is part of what child support is for.
I agree with the other attorney - you divorced him for a reason. Find another roomate!!!

I recommend that you talk to an attorney in your area.


The order of court stands until he gets it modified.


You've lived with this guy before and you divorced him. Why would you want him back in the house? I don't know either of you so all I offer is -- ask yourself "why did I divorce him?"

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer