Skip to main content

My ex husband hasn't paid half of my daughters medical bills for years & is refusing to pay half of her college credit. Options?

Liberty, MO |

It is ordered in the decree that all uncovered medical, dental, vision, and psychological costs including co-pay and deductible be paid 50% by the Petiioner and 50% by the Respondent. Additionally, it states that the educational expenses should be paid the same. He has moved out of state and when I requested his address (which he was to provide) he told my daughter he doesn't get mail. His wife is still in State but has moved and I have not been provided that address, which he contends is his mailing address. He has always disputed his responsibility of paying 50% of extraordinary expenses as deemed by the decree. He has taken a several promotions in his job since the modified child support in 2006 and I have not taken him back for modification of child support. Please advise of options

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Petition the court to enforce the order.

Legal disclaimer: In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship.


You can file a Motion for Contempt and/or Motion to Modify Child Support IF there is a 20% change in the amount of child support he should be paying to you since the divorce decree.

This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with a family law attorney. Stange Law Firm can offer you a free one hour consultation if you call (314) 963-4700.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer