Skip to main content

My ex-husband got remarried, is his wife's income included in child support calculations

Atlantic Beach, FL |

the father of my kids got married does is her income has to be included?
If he wants to see them on vacation am I suppose to help him pay for the air plain ticket? Have in mind that he abanden us and went to live with his parents
I don't have him by court either

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Thanks for your question. Since I am an attorney, I cannot ethically give you specific legal advice on your situation, since you are not my client, but I can only provide you with general information that you may find helpful.

Florida Statute (s. 61.30, F.S.) requires guidelines to be used in establishing new child support obligations or modifying child support in a Florida court. All states are required to have statutory guidelines but they vary greatly among states. The Florida guidelines must take into consideration all income and earnings of both parents and the children’s health care needs. This worksheet provides an estimate of the amount a court may order, depending on individual circumstances.

The court may deviate from the guidelines if there is a written finding in the court record that the guidelines in the particular case would be inappropriate. The finding must include the amount of support that would have been required under the guidelines and a reason why the order varies. Monthly income, insurance and child care information for both the mother and father will be necessary to complete the forms.

Without more information, the best advice that I can recommend to you is to contact a local family law attorney that can work with you on your unique situation. I would encourage you to discuss the facts of your case with a qualified attorney as soon as possible. This information is not intended to substitute for professional legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should accept legal advice only from a licensed legal professional with whom you have an attorney-client relationship.

Best of luck to you,

Shawn C. Newman, Esq.
Attorney At Law
1881 NE 26th Street, Suite 212E
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
(877) 552-9385


Only your ex husband's income can be used for child support. As to visitation, what did your order state. If you have no order, then file a petition for visitation, custody and child support arrangments.
If this is still a problem, contact my office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer