My ex-husband and I were married for two and a half years, we recently got divorced. Will it affect me getting a green card?

Burlington, VT |

im from Russia. I entered marriage in good faith.

Were you granted a conditional green card or a permanent green card?

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

It depends. Do you have a conditional green card already or have you not yet filed? if you are conditional you can file for a good faith waiver by yourself. You should speak to an attorney in either case as you may have options available to you even if you have not yet filed/received your green card.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You say "getting a green card" if you don't have a legal permanent resident card or a conditional and your still in the process your case will be terminated. If you have conditional then you can file I-751 on your own behalf. If you hold a legal permanent resident card you will be fine.

I agree with my colleagues. Do do silt an experienced immigration lawyer for assistance.