Skip to main content

My ex boyfriend was convicted of aggravated domestic battery along with 3 other felonies. he wants custody. can he get it?

North Aurora, IL |

my ex boyfriend and I are not together anymore and we have a 6 mo. old daughter. I am still legally married to my husband at this time. my ex wants to fight for custody of my daughter but he was convicted of 4 felonies. one involving a loaded fire arm. this incident involved me as the victim and my daughter was in the other room. what are the chances of him getting custody?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Use Avvo to find Kane County family law attorneys. Good Luck. | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.


Slim to none, but you're going to need a lawyer.


Justice is supposed to be blind, but it is not deaf. The best interests of the child control who gets custody. You would have to be pretty awful for your background to trump his.

Answers presented on this website are intended only for informational purposes and any use of the contained material is at the users own risk. Answers are intended exclusively as a public resource for general information, and this information is intended, but is not promised or guaranteed to be, correct, up-to-date, or complete. This material is not intended to constitute legal advice, as an agreement to create an attorney-client relationship with the law offices of Mitchell S. Sexner & Associates LLC, or the provision of legal services, and receipt of this information does not constitute such an agreement. If legal or other specific expert advice is required, then the services of a competent professional should be sought.O

James Regan

James Regan


Concurs with the sage Mr. Sexner. The right to access to ones children is right.


The judge in the case will look at all relevant factors to decide what is in the best interest of the child. In this case, the factors you mentioned may be used to show that the childs best interest is met if custody is granted to the mother. You would be best consulting an attorney for more detailed advice. I would be glad to answer any questions you may have. I can be reached at 847-756-4900 or by email at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer