Skip to main content

My ex boyfriend is threatening to send out naked pictures of me. What are the legal actions I can take?

New York, NY |

He has been threatening me. Claiming he is going to send them to my parents and to my work email.. I now threatened that I would call a lawyer and he has stopped and has claimed he wont sent them out now, but how do I ensure that this does not happen? He is scaring me and acting very crazy.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can hire a lawyer to write him a letter to show you are serious and ask for the photos back. You can also sue him for a restraining order/injunction.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


I got a girl 200k from her ex-boyfriend's homeowner's insurance, as he sent naked pictures from his home computer to her work, thus, a lawsuit could be pursued if this happens.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Call attorney Lassen for advice. Best of luck.

This answer is provided by Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos de California: 510-206-4492. El Abogado de Accidentes de Autos provides answers of a general context. These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. El abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales is licensed only in California. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos y Lesiones Personales de Acidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, 510-206-4492. Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, y Abogado de Acidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, y California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California.


If you think that this person presents a physical threat to you, I suggest that you file for a restraining order. It may also be worth your while to pay an attorney to write him a certified letter, advising him not to make contact with you and not to publish any photographs or in any other way defamed you or invade your privacy and, if he does, he will be sued. Quite often this type of attorney letter, sometimes referred to as a cease and desist letter, can be very effective. If this person approaches you in an aggressive manner, call the police.

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer