Skip to main content

My ex-boyfriend/baby father is harrasing me, while I'm pregnant is there a way I can get him to pay support but not see the kid

Huntington Beach, CA |

I'm having issues with my ex and I'm wandering if I have the right not to allow to see the kid since we were never married and he is harrasing and threatening me?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Has paternity been established? If yes, then no that would be inappropriate. If you know that he is the father of your child, I would file a petition to establish paternity and request a restraining order if the facts support it. You can include child support. State law does want both parents to have frequent and continuing contact with the minor child unless compelling facts make clear otherwise.

My suggestion: hire a lawyer and give them all of the facts.


It is important to note that even if you obtain a restraining order, it will not necessarily include the baby. If he establishes paternity, it is not likely you will be able to keep him from having a relationship with the child. For further information, visit

Since legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case, and laws are constantly changing, nothing provided herein should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel.


Usually the courts want both parents to share in the life of their child. Even the worst fathers can get supervised visits with the child.

Any answer to questions is not meant to be con screwed as legal advise and no attorney client relationship has formed. In order for an attorney to give legal advise, The attorney would need to have an opportunity to ask specific questions from a full and complete disclosure of the underlying facts involved in the question asked.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer