Skip to main content

My employer wrote me up for something that another employee was guilty of.

Orange Beach, AL |

I was pulled into my employers office, and questioned about what another employee had said to offend a co-worker. It was first stated that I also said thing, but then later said that I did not say anything. I was told that I was still guilty because I was talking to the guilty person. I had a previous write up, on a non related situation, and they used this in the discussion. I was told that I would need to sign a document stating that I did have the meeting, and that I was guilty as well. I made a statement on the form that I was not guilty of such occurence, and signed by my statement. Can they legally write me up for something another employee did?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


You can not control what they write in your personel file but you can write your own version and ask that it be included. However you should not do anything until you consult with an employment lawyer in confidence, not on line. Meanwhile I suggest you prepare a statement of the facts so your memory will be fresh and then you can have it when you consult with the lawyer.

Any response given is not to be taken as legal advice or to create an attorney client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer