Skip to main content

My employer has refused my doctors release form my dr refuses to cooperate what can I do?

Birmingham, AL |

I have missed 8 days of work and am required to have my dr. Fill out my employer leave of absence form so I can return to work. I was hospitalized over night and needed additional testing before I could return to work. My dr. Released me but refused to fill out my leave forms and submitted his office form letter stating I could return to work well my employer will not accept this and my dr will not comply! What can I do I need to go back to work.

My employer told me if I did not have the leave papers finalized in 3 days that I would lose my job

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If you have a good relationship with your probation officer, ask for their help. Maybe try signing a release so your employer can speak with your doctor about what the issue is. Go to your doctor and explain that if he does not fill out your employer's forms, that you will lose you job.

No representation is made that the legal services provided are great than legal services provided by other lawyers. This answer does NOT create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to further inquiries.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer