Skip to main content

My EAD was stolen, and I have a photocopy of the original. While I am applying for a replacement can I keep working?

Sunnyvale, CA |

I am currently working and had my EAD approved till 2014. But recently my EAD got stolen along with my bag. I have reported this to the police. I have a photocopy of my EAD. While I have applied for a replacement EAD, can I continue working?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You will be better served if you re-post this in the Immigration practice area. Good luck to you.

This answer should not be construed to create any attorney-client relationship. Such a relationship can be formed only through the mutual execution of an attorney-client agreement. The answer given is based on the extremely limited facts provided and the proper course of action might change significantly with the introduction of other facts. All who read this answer should not rely on the answer to govern their conduct. Please seek the advice of competent counsel after disclosing all facts to that attorney. This answer is intended for California residents only. The answering party is only licensed to practice in the State of California.


You may want to consult with Carl Shusterman, who is an experienced immigration attorney and top contributor on Avvo. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer