Skip to main content

My EAD expires 3 months before L2 & I-94 expiration Date

Dublin, OH |

My EAD expires on 08/08/2013 and my L2 & I-94 expires on November 15, 2013. What is the likelihood of extending my EAD until November 15, 2013? Can I apply for EAD extension?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


As long as you maintain lawful non immigrant status you may file for employment authorization as an L-2.



Thank you for the response. Does that mean I can get authorization for 3 months?

Robert Louis Brown

Robert Louis Brown


You may receive employment authorization thru the end of your authorized time


I agree with prior answer that the current legal status controls any EAD replacment filing.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602


I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer