Skip to main content

My divorce my dismiss but i got it reinstated but the problem is in order for me to get a court date, what can i do

Dallas, TX |

my ex husband did not submit all of the decree papers thats include the family violence, possession of the child, wage withholding order, and not signing the agreed on the decree, im beleive he's not going to do it, so what step do i need to take, i can't afford a lawyer but can pay at least 500 to get this finalized and done, i want my divorce final and move on with my child, thats why the judge denied the decree because he did not submit all the papers

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Sounds like your divorce just became contested. If you're certain he's not going to agree to an order, you're going to have to go through the whole process.

In Dallas, judges generally arrange pre-trial hearings at the end of temporary order hearings. You're going to need to file a motion for temporary orders if you haven't gone ahead and done so already.

If you can afford $500, you might be able to work something out with a lawyer. Some lawyers will work with you on payment plans. I'd strongly recommend at least consulting a local attorney.


You need to consult with a Family Law Attorney in your area. It sounds as if your husband did not agree to all the terms and you may need to have another hearing to get it finalized. If you can not afford an attorney, or have a small amount to hire an attorney you can try Legal Aid in your area, or call some other firms to see if they will help finalize your case within that amount, or on a payment plan.

I am licensed to practice law in the state of Texas and Florida only. The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer