Skip to main content

My district manager had me falsely arrested can i sue him and the company he works for?

Bronx, NY |

im going to court now hes saying he saw me on video tape stealing money. the thing is i NEVER stole any money and the three days he saying he seen me on tape i know longer worked there. He called the cops on me and they threw me up on a gate broke my ipod and snatched the office keys out of my pocket. they searched me and handcuffed me mind u they put the handcuffs so tight my arms had bruises my knees my shoulder cause he bent my arm as far back as he could without breaking it smh. so my district manager had the keys. i filed for unemployment 2-3 weeks later and then two days after the detectives called me but never accused me then two weeks after that i was arrested. I asked them if they saw the videotape they said no. can i sue my former boss and have him arrested?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may be able to sue depending on the outcome of the criminal case.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


You should advise your criminal defense attorney that you are considering such a lawsuit. He or she should know that information at the outset of the case.

The information provided is not intended to be legal advice, but merely conveys general information related to legal issues commonly encountered. The information is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or current. I make no warranty, expressed or implied, about the accuracy or reliability of the information. You should not act or rely on any information at above without seeking the advice of an attorney. The determination of whether you need legal services and your choice of a lawyer are very important matters that should not be based on websites or advertisement


Anyone can sue, but winning is another story. In either event you have bigger worries, your criminal case. Get it dismissed first, then go lawyer shopping.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer