Skip to main content

My Daughter who is 19 now was raped by her Dad and molested since the age of 9 . The stepmother also was aware.

Laguna Hills, CA |

We just filed with the police dept and they are telling me its going to take awhile . First she needs to fly back down to caliph so we can do a call to her dad on the phone . What type of attorney can i seek to help us sue him and the stepmother for the abuse she had to insure for the last 10 years . Where and what kind of attorney do i need to be looking for . My x had won custody because i had to go to rehab . Since i had them only on weekends I was ordered to pay over $ 20 , 000 in child support which i did already can she sue them and get that money back ? Simone needs to pay for this ? they are both homeowners and also have a business . Thank you . There is already a very busy detective assigned to the case

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you want to sue your ex husband, you need to contact a civil attorney. You can find civil attorneys on this site, but you'd have to repost this question in the civil section. Your question is currently filed in the criminal defense section. Good luck.

All answers posted are general in nature based on the facts presented. My answers and opinions are not offered as legal advice and you should not take it as such. Do not discuss specific facts about your case on a public forum like this one. If you’d like a free confidential consultation, I can be reached 24 hours a day at: 714-881-7145 or by email at

Harry Edward Hudson Jr

Harry Edward Hudson Jr


While you can repost in the personal injury section of AVVO, I do not think it necessary. As suggested here, you can look for a personal injury attorney on AVVO. There are also other search engines for attorneys as well as just doing a general internet search. You can contact your local bar association which probably has a referral section. For the criminal cse, you can find the statute of limitations at Penal Code section 803. For the civil case, the time is 8 years after she turned 18. Code of Civil Procedure 340.1 You are not likely to be able to sue for any damages as you were not present and did not see harm. But that is a first impression. Good luck.


Civil attorney .


There is a victim rights' Constitutional Amendment in California called Marsy's Law. It is a very powerful tool for victims of crime and I dedicate a large percentage of my practice to this area. Please feel free to Google "Marsy's Law" and look at Article I, Section 28(b) of the California Constitution for further information. You may also feel free to contact me or other attorneys who practice in this area and request a free consultation. Best of luck and I am sorry you and your family are going through this.

Michael Fell is a former Orange County Senior Deputy District Attorney where he prosecuted Orange County cases for over 18 years. Mr. Fell has been twice featured as a Top Attorney in Orange County by OC Metro Magazine in 2011 and 2012. With his years of experience as an OC Prosecutor, Mr. Fell has the inside edge in negotiating criminal cases with his former office. He has been practicing in Orange County for over 23 years, has handled thousands of criminal cases and offers FREE consultations. He is also an avid victim rights attorney and has handled many high profile "Marsy's Law" cases throughout California.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer