Skip to main content

My daughter went to prison to finish a 5 month sentence, she had a lawyer give her mother and father the (grandparents)

Longview, TX |

power of attorney of her two children of whom she was never married to the father, she has primary custody and the father has usual visitation (1st,3rd,5th weekend) upon the visitation with the father he has refused to return the child, question is with grandparents legal papers do they have a leg to stand on until the mother gets out, the father does not work, own a vehicle and moves from friends house to house, has no way to provide, during this time he has also served time in jail for over a month.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


These facts do not make sense at all. I think you may mean custody. She can agree legally to give the father of his own children custody.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about. Remember that it is the Lawyer who:  Punishes the wicked, Protects the innocent, Raises up the lowly, Opposes brutality and injustice, Seeks equality of humanity regardless of color, cast, sex or religion, Leads in every cause, and Seeks the best in everything.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer