Skip to main content

My daughter was placed in my possession today.What do I do next to get full and permanent custody of her?

Lubbock, TX |

She has been removed from her mother three times by CPS. I want her to stay with me permanently but it seems CPS wants her with the mother that has tried to commit suicide, been in a mental institution, lost custody of her other three children (she did not show up for court) and continues to put her in a home with a person charged with injury to a child. What do I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You get a good attorney -- no two ways about it.

My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice. I give legal advice only in the course of an attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by individual consultation and execution of a written agreement for legal services.


Ms. McCall is correct.
CPS always strives for reunification of the parent and child. This of course means that the parent must be fit but there are basic needs such as shelter and food that they are looking to have met. I would hire an attorney that has your interests covered as CPS is not working for your interests but for the interests of the state.


I agree 100% with the responses above. GET AN ATTORNEY. Do not leave your child's well being and future to CPS. Take matters into your own hands. Best of luck.

This answer is intended for informational and educational purposes only and should not be considered legal advice nor constituting an attorney-client relationship. This attorney is licensed in Texas.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer