Skip to main content

My daughter's dad was locked up for 2 years and now he shows up and demands his visitation, am I allowed to request a supervised

Houston, TX |

We have a court order for visitation and child support. He has given me $47 in all of 2013 and $97 so far this year. He was locked up for 1 1/2 years for aggravated assault and did 6 months in a halfway house. He now wants to see my daughter, can I request supervised visitation so they can build up the relationship before I let her go for the full weekend? I don't know where he lives and don't have a number for him. His mother and sister are taking it upon themselves to demand picking her up, what can I so?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Hire a lawyer to help with development and presentation of evidence in the modification.

This answer DOES NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. This answer is based on the limited information provided and is not intended to be conclusive advice. There are likely other factors that might influence or change the advice after a more lengthy consultation.


Unless the court order already requires supervised visitation then you need to pursue modification of the order to require supervised visitation. It also sounds like you need some help enforcing the child support provision. Talk to a family law attorney in your area.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer