Skip to main content

My daughter is filing for divorce. Her husband carries health ins. He quit his job with severance pkg. can she get cobra ins.

Clearwater, FL |

Her husband says he will not cover her under cobra. She will be without insurance, as he is very angry. They have two children , one son, 18,his, and one daughter,7, theirs.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


She needs a divorce lawyer immediately to hold his feet to the fire and keep paying the insurance.


Sounds like she has a claim for alimony so you should file your case asap.


She should talk to a divorce lawyer about filing temporary orders to require him to cover her and the children under cobra.


It all depends. Your daughter needs to contact an attorney and all of the facts need to be discussed. Not enough information here.

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.

Avvo divorce email series

Sign up to receive a 10-part series of useful information and legal advice about the divorce process.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer