Skip to main content

My daughter is being harassed by a boy via internet and text, what can we do?

Bremerton, WA |

The boy has been arrested several times for numerous things. I spoke to his father on several occasions about this and it's not stopping. He has just been released from rehab and continues to harass her over the internet, facebook, texting, snap chatting, his friends, etc...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Go and file a c riminal complaint against him with the police or the DA. Most states have stalking laws that it sounds he violated.

The answers given are informational only and do not constitute legal advice. Please feel free to contact me if you want to obtain legal advice from me.


Hire an attorney to file a restraining order against the boy. This lawyer can also advise you if you have a chance of recouping any fees or damages.
Andrew M. Jaffe
Attorney at Law
Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.


Your question did not include the age of your daughter and the harasser. Washington State has an anti-bullying law, RCW 28A.300.285 which might be of assistance to you. It would be wise to get a restraining order, but you will need specifics (date, time and type of acts taken). Contact your local police and/or prosecutor to file a complaint against the boy and his parents.

This answer is predicated on the facts provided in which the lawyer cannot confirm or verify. I do not represent you as we do not have an attorney-client relationship.