Skip to main content

My daughter is 13 years old and have to fly to Atlanta. Our L1 Visas and I94's expired. Can she fly domestically?

Fort Worth, TX |

She does not have a drivers licence and state issued Identification. Only a Passport. The visa in her passport is valid until 2020, but I94 expired. We applied for extension but are still awaiting a response.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5

Best Answer

Yes, she can fly on her valid passport and visa (no TSA employee will look at her visa).

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Yes if her foreign passport is valid. You should always call the airlines if you want her to fly as unaccompanied minor. They all have different nuances to rules.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


If you applied for an extension be sure you travel with the original receipt notice from USCIS regarding the extension request, as well as any and all evidence that you applied for extension. Have a copy of the application for extension as well, so in case you are asked you can prove you asked for an extension, why you requested it, etc. If you have an attorney be sure to discuss fully with your attorney or obtain one to assist you.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.


She can, don't forget to give her a copy of the receipt for the extension application.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:


Yes, have her travel with a copy of the extension.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer