Skip to main content

My daughter in law left my son and moved back home with her mother, and I have one grandchild and the other child is not my son

Riverview, FL |

she refuse to let talk to kids and she told my son I will never talk to them again. So I will like to know do I have right to talk the kids and visitation right

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Grandparents do not have any rights in the state of Florida. Your son, however, does has rights and during his timesharing, he is free to allow you to visit with your grandchild. Best of luck to you.

This answer is for general informational purposes only and should not be relied upon for your particular case nor is it intended as legal advice. I have not reviewed your case nor have I met with you and the answer to this question does not in any manner whatsoever establish an attorney/client relationship.


I agree with counsel. Grandparents do not have any rights anymore in Florida, Hopefully, things will improve so that you can see your grandchild. Good luck

Please be advised that any answers or information disseminated above do not constitute legal advice and that the attorney responsible for this posting is merely attempting to participate in a Q & A session intended to be helpful but certainly not intended to be legal advice. It is important that you understand that no attorney-client relationship has been formed and that the attorney has no obligation to follow up with you with your legal issue unless you separately contact said attorney and arrange for him to legally represent you.


What needs to happen is to hire an attorney for your son. Your time with the grandchildren will center around their time with your son. Have him read the provisions of Florida Statutes Section 61.13(3) to learn what should and should not be done.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,


Grandparents have no rights, the son has to file papers with the court to enforce his rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer