My daughter and I were involved in a rollover accident which caused my autoimmune disorder to relapse. I also suffered

Phoenix, AZ |

A permanent back injury and we both have Ptsd and anxiety attacks. My attorney has withheld info & blatantly lied to me about several other things. Our medical is over $14000 & the ins has offered only $18000. Is this really all I should be awarded for the hell we have lived in the last 2 years. The $18000 is without medical and attorney's fees deducted. My attorney has aggressively advised me to settle for that amount and I strongly disagree but I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Please help!

Talk with your attorney about each and every one of your concerns.

I have addressed each & every concern with him. In the additional comments after the initial question it states how he handled my concerns. He is forcing me to settle for far less than I believe my case is worth. I have been belittled, threatened in a round about way & lied to, but I'm not sure if I have any recourse due to the binding contract I signed.

Talk to your lawyer. If you feel uncomfortable with the advice you are being given, you may want to consult with another lawyer to seek a second opinion. Good luck.

Discuss this with your attorney.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Of course I discussed this with my attorney prior to posting here... In fact, that's the only reason why I posted it on here in order to see if my attorney is handling my case appropriately...

Get a new lawyer if you are unhappy with him.

Please tell me how I am supposed to go about doing that when I had to sign a legally binding contract in order for them to represent me...

If you have an attorney, speak with him or her. Only he or she is in the best position to discuss the details and strategy of your case. If you are unhappy with your attorney, seek another one. Don't be unhappy and sign anything that you may regret later. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.

Get a second opinion from an attorney who actually files and does trials. Some law practices are settlement mills, meaning they recommend settling all cases and they move onto the next. In your case, the second opinion needs to focus on the issue of liability and the strength of your damage claim in terms of your doctor backing up your claim. Check with a local lawyer for the feasibility of this approach.