Skip to main content

My date of birth is incorrect on my speeding ticket, is this a ground for dismissal?

Pasadena, CA |

my date of birth is in june, on my ticket it is august. is this error a ground for dismissal, please advise

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


I don't know about CA but it is a resounding "no" in FL. You can try to impeach the issuing officer with his error but, again in FL, that probably will neither gain you any tactical momentum nor any favor with the court.

Good luck.

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)


No. It really does not make your speed any slower.

You should be careful about even pointing this out, except as an aside as to his or her attention to detail and how it might be characteristic of his attention to detail to what your speed was.


I would say no. This is a clerical error that is easily remedied. Best to talk to Andrew Roberts or Greg Hill in your area. Both are excellent and offer free consultations. Good luck. Hope this helps?


No, it just makes the ticket or difficult to find within the system. Minor errors of this matter are commonly and routinely fixed at the arraignment.

A proper response would require a thorough investigation into the history and background of this relationship. The information provided above is just that, information, to be used as you see fit.


No- get an attorney to fight ticket.