Skip to main content

My dad renunciate his citizenship before my birthday, Can I get mine?

San Diego, CA |

My dad renunciate his citizenship when he was 18 in 1966.He born in NY in 1946 and lived there for 2 years then move to brazil. I was born in 1988 and my parents were married at this time. My grandma is also an american citizen. Can I have my citizenship?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Not under the facts you provide.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Follow the link bellow for more information

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal



He was born a US citizen and at 18 went through the legal process of expatriating? I would be shocked if he did this legally. You may need to get an attorney and look into this.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer