Skip to main content

My dad passed and left me the house in his will. When I changed the house into my name, should the property tax have went up?

Fresno, CA |

I went and put the house my farther gave me into my name and the property taxes went up?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


There is a special form you need to file with the County Assessor's office. Either go there in person or phone them and ask how you can get a "Proposition 58 - Parent-Child Reassessment Exclusion Form". That is the way you claim your exclusion.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.