Skip to main content

My current husband (no divorce pending) has a girlfriend that stays in our extra home-can I stop this?

Tucson, AZ |

I am married and no divorce is pending. My husband has an exgirlfriend that is very violent and in order to get along with her, he allows her to stay in an extra home that we own. They have a child together. The home is my property as much is it is my husbands. The exgirlfriend destroys things in the home and breaks windows when she s angry. Can I do anything to keep he off all of our joint property since we are still married? There is no discussion of a divorce and I want this girl to leave all of us alone.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


wow- that is horrible and I am sorry you are going through this. You are the homeowner and you have every legal right to restrict access. The problem is that your husband is the homeowner in theory as well, however it will sound pretty bad to the court if this person stays there, you may file a motion to have her vacate the premises or if she is breaking things the most expeditious way is to call the police and file a complaint for destruction of property and ask that she vacate that way. Good luck and I am sorry you are going through this.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer