Skip to main content

My cousin needs a lawyer in CT for a fugitive warrant. He is currently on Rikers Island I called the office of public record in

Jamaica, NY |

I called the office of Public Record in Connecticut and could not get any information on the charges he faces there and I don't know what my next step is. Can someone help me please?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Re-post in the Connecticut section here on Avvo as well as New York (not sure if you already did). Also, you can ask his criminal defense attorney in the current matter for more information. If you need to retain a criminal defense attorney for him, it may make things simpler if the attorney is licensed in both New York and Connecticut, though dual admission is not mandatory.


Try re-posting on the CT Avvo web site. Then again any criminal defense lawyer can do this. I had a client held in FL 2 years ago with a fugitive warrant in NJ... I spoke with the police and prosecutor and convinced them not to extradite and my client was released.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.


Feel free to call my office. I might be able to help you out.