Skip to main content

My citizen daughter is married to a man who is on H-1 visa? His immigration is to be stopped /deported ?

Troy, MI |

Because my daughter is being tortured and harassed.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

It's not exactly clear what you are asking. If your daughter does not want to continue in the marriage, then she can seek a divorce. If your daughter filed an I-130 petition for her husband, she could withdraw the petition. If your daughter believes that she is in danger, then she should call police and seek protection. I wish you all the best.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


The solution to your problems lies exclusively in divorce court, not immigration law. Only ICE can determine whether or not to deport someone.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Go to police immediately.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


If your daughter is being tortured and harassed - let the authorities know about it.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer