Skip to main content

My childs dad doesn't see him but once a year.

Effingham, IL |

He lives in another state and does pay child support. He hardly ever calls to see how the child is doing and when he does call I get harassed pretty much if things are not going his way. Is there any way I can have his rights taken away so my son and I don't have to deal with him?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


What rights does he have that you want "taken away?" It sounds to me like he has no rights. If you don't want to talk to him, don't talk to him.


The only way that would happen is if you have another person to step in his "shoes" as the father and adopt your child. The other way rights are taken away is from abuse or neglect and that is done by the court.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.


As Mr. Cowell stated it sounds like he has no rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer