Skip to main content

My childrens biological father has never been around, can he have legal rights

Houston, TX |

I don't want him to show up and try to claim them or take them away. I would like to remove his legal rights.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


If push comes to shove, the biological father can petition the court for a whole list of things such as custody, visitation, child support, preventing you from moving out of state (removal), et. al.,

Talk to a family law attorney before you do something that gets you hauled into court. What you want can be done, but it is too important to try and do this yourself and mess it up.


You can feel pretty safe that if he shows up, he may be able to file for visitation but he is not going to take your children away from you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer