Skip to main content

My children are being forced to see their biological father who they have not see nor heard from in seven years.

Westmoreland, TN |

The judge said they need to visit him, they are scared and dont want to go, my question is if i dont make them go will i be in contempt? If i have a police officer there will that help anything?This is mental abuse on the children, they are not sleeping or eating. My attorney that i have will not speak to me for some reason, I dont know what to do. I dont want my children hurting anymore. My ex text yesterday and told me that i better show up and he doesnt care if they want to go or not. I am a mother who is watching her kids be mentally abused by father and judge. and one of my daughters has depression, ADHD and bipolarand has a cyst on her brain, her doctor said that she should not be allowed to go because anything could happen and trigger her condition. i dont know what to do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You really need to get in touch with your attorney about this. In general, yes, you need to follow the Judge's order or you could be facing contempt. I would recommend you get the children in to start seeing a counselor of some kind immediately to help them deal with this change in circumstances. If you have proof that the father is abusing the children, call in an abuse report to DCS.

This answer is for informational purposes only and is not to be construed as legal advice.



Thank you for responding. I have tried to call my lawyer, but he is not returning my phone call, we had court monday and i have called everyday and left a message with no return call. My 12 year old is already seeing a counselor because she is ADHD/bipolar and depression so we will have to bring this up when we go to see her. I just don't know what to do when your lawyer wont return your calls, i can go to the offfice and sit and wait but i am afraid he will put me in jail for calling so much.. i only call twice a day , i just dont understand


You need to follow the Court Order.

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls. Contacting us does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer