Skip to main content

My child has been falsely accused of abusing another child, what can I do?

Los Angeles, CA |

My boyfriend's ex is accusing my son (9) of abusing her child (5), and using this against him in their custody battle. There is no proof of any of these allegations, ie bruises or marks. She is now requesting that her kids are no longer allowed to come to our home when my children are present? Is this right? And as a parent, is there anything I can do to stop her from maliciously attacking my son? Every time she makes accusations, the allegations keep getting worse and worse.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Custody battles get ugly, not much you can do.

Click on the name of the lawyer answering your question to see their profile, and then you can click the view website tab to find out detailed information on your personal injury topic. The information provided on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.


If there is anyway to make sure your son 9 will not any contact with the 5 year that is unsupervised then you are went a long way towards solving the problem. Further, the standard in most family law cases is what is in the best interest of the child. Therefore, whether or not the Court ultimately answers the question about your son and the 5 year old may not be as much of a concern as it is just making sure the 5 year old is out of harms way. I suggest you contact a reputable family law attorney in your state in the county where the action is pending for more information on the factors used in deciding child custody in your state and on the local practice for custody arrangments in your state.


It is always difficult to see someone attack your child but even more so when it is false and hurtful. Judges are used to sorting through these issues and particularly if there is no proof then it is unlikely a judge would give much weight to the allegation if he would even listen to it at all. Certainly taking that away as an issue by providing adequate supervision is wise. I wish you the best in dealing with these issues.

From offices in Coudersport, Potter County, Pennsylvania, the attorneys at Ross and Ross, LLC serve the personal injury, bankruptcy, social security disability, divorce and family law needs of Western, Northwestern, Central and North Central Pennsylvania including the communities of Coudersport, Galeton, Shinglehouse, West Branch, Smethport, Port Allegany, Bradford, Roulette, and Wellsboro, as well as Potter County, McKean County, Tioga County, Cameron County, Bradford County and other areas of Western PA and Central PA.

***Legal Disclaimer: The contents of this site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship exists until one of attorney attorneys meets with you and agrees to accept you as a client.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer