Skip to main content

My brothers and I are applying for Deferred Action for Childhood arrivals but I'm having some doubts about some questions?

Gainesville, GA |

My brothers and I came to the US ten years ago. My mother brought us from Honduras and across the border to the US. We were given a court order to attend but we never did. We still have the papers (my little bother doesn't he was 8 at that time so I dont thing he got one.) but my mother name appears and I dont want it to be a problem. My father has a TPS work permit and was advised by some attorneys that we qualified since we were underage and he supported us. We applied two times once in 2007 and in 2009, we were denied both times. What should be put on form I-765 I know is YES but should we put both dates or just one (which one.) We have an appointment with the General Consulate of Honduras on Friday to fill the forms and I want to make sure everything is right. Thanks for answering.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Answer the questions truthfully and as completely as you can. Follow the instructions and provide the requested evidence. If younger unsure of an answer you can just answer"unknown". You may also wish to consult with an immigration attorney.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.


With all due respect, there are issues here that need resolution before filing for DACA or any other immigration benefit. The most concerning issue is the missed court hearings. I'm concerned that you have in absentia orders of removal. Those need to be addressed at some point, but you're going to need to clarify. The next issues the TPS denials. You haven't stated a basis and it is of concern. Please retain competent and reputable counsel to address these issues and the DACA filings.


You must answer all questions on the forms fully and truthfully.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I am concerned about your possible court orders and TPS denials. You must resolve these issues BEFORE you apply for Deferred Action.. My recommendation is that you seek the legal advice of a competent immigration attorney BEFORE you file for deferred action. I see that you are in Cartersville. I am nearby in Marietta. If I can be of any further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at . THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER