My brother is PR through Asylum . Can he return to home country for family emergencies ?

Flushing, NY |

My brother is green card holder AS6 can he go to his home country to see his family members for a week ?

Did he claim he fears persecution in his home country to get asylum? If he returns there is a strong presumption of fraud.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with Nick. Depending on the reason he sought asylum going to his homeland can jeopardize his permanent residence.

If he had an attorney file the asylum case, he should consult with them before making any plans to leave the US and return home.

Law Office of Marc Taylor, Esq. PC, www.usavisanow.com, 888-645-6272, info@usavisanow.com , 224 W. 4th Street, Suite 200, New York, NY 10014 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

If asylum was based on fear of persecution from the home country - then no

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

I agree with my colleagues

I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York. If you would like free legal updates on these immigration issues you may sign up for our newsletter at http://www.shautsova.com .

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova www.shautsova.com www.shautsova.com www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com