Skip to main content

My boyfriends ex is sending me harrasing text messages, what can I do?

Dallas, TX |

My boyfriend is in the middle of divorce hearings with his ex wife, and she has been sending me harrassing text messages daily. What can i do to make this stop? Is it possible to file harrassment charges?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Call the police and get a restraining order.

Lassen Law Firm Personal Injury Lawyers Philadelphia. Phone 215-510-6755.


Get a restraining order.

Boonswang Law Firm 1-877-258-3083


Call police.

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630


In Texas it is a criminal offense to send harassing electronic communications via telephone, internet by texting. You can contact the police department where this occurred and file a report. Additionally, you could consider a civil claim against the sender for "intentional infliction of emotional distress" but I do not think a Texas court would award damages for one group of harassing text messages sent by an ex-wife to girlfriend. The conduct must cause "severe emotional distress" and the court or jury must also find that the conduct was "outrageous" not just rude, obnoxious, mean, etc. Probably best bet, file police report so they can file criminal charge or at a minimum at least document that this happened. If she continues to harass you contact an attorney who specializes in Intentional Torts.

This is a general response to a question. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at and Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer