Skip to main content

My boyfriend is doing a 1/3 in New York state long does he have to do....

Niagara Falls, NY |

He was suppose to be release today 4/22/13...he sign release there saying they made a mistake...hehas a parole hearing on 5/13...which say his earliest release date.....his conditional release is 10/13...he max out in 10/ confuse cuz it seem he did over a year....and just did 6 1/2 years in a federal prison....can you help me out please...

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

He should be able to obtain his certificate of disposition from the superior court which sentenced him and any correction if he was sentenced in error below the minimum that could be imposed. But there must be a record of that or DOC should not be able to hold him. If he completed his federal sentence that should have no bearing unless there was concurrent time involved with the bit that he is serving now. Where is his attorney at sentencing? He should contact Prisoners' Legal Services.

If you found this "helpful" or "best answer," please click it with my appreciation. My response is for educational purposes and does not constitute legal advice nor creates an attorney client relationship which requires all the details and a personal conference.



They change the doc infornation....but luckly i have a paper copy of it....he has a state case but its a 1 to 3....before it was 1 to 2....he has a parole hearing in may....the hearing type say parole immediately i hope to hear good angry thought his counselor had him sign.papers and now they chanhe his


If he was determined to be a predicate felon, it is possible that his sentence was 1.5 to 3 years. You can go to the court where he received his sentence and check what the actual sentence was.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer