Skip to main content

My boyfriend got released to ice yesturday but he has hes green card what happens now

Glendale, AZ |

hes been told he is gunna be on a 3 year probatin for wat he was in jail for but i havent heard from him i try calling number looking for him online but nothing what cai or should i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 5


Consult with an attorney to follow up for you.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104


You may go to to a website which ICE has set up called the Detainee Locator. Go to

Type in his name , alien number, place of birth etc and you may be able to locate him.

Please be advised sometimes it takes ICE a few days to enter someone into their system so it may not show up until he is in their system.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication in any way. Consult a competent immigration attorney preferably one who is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).


Consult an attorney. We need additional information


All depends on what he was convicted of. You should consult with a layer to determine options.


I would highly recommend consulting with an attorney. If he is not released by ICE after they review his conviction they will likely detain him (in Eloy or Florence) and try to revoke his status in removal proceedings before an immigration judge. There are a number of factors involved that could impact his immigration status.

Answers on Avvo are general in nature and do not constitute legal advice; specific answers require knowledge of all the facts. You should consult with an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advice upon which you can reasonably rely.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer