Skip to main content

My boss skipped out on 2 checks and withheld almost 50 hrs overtime and wont pay me. How do I go about this?

Flagstaff, AZ |

I started with the guy last yr at 8 dollars an hour. This yr he decided to put me at 10 an hour and anything over 40 he said he would bank for later. He decides to make me foreman at 35% pay for each job finished a month later. It took me 2 weeks to get my helpers paid in full and even then he pocketed a big chunk. He moved me into his house while he moved to Phx and put everything in my hands as far as work. He put 2 other guys on jobs they knew nothing about and fired me for not getting them done. He installed a security system at his house and says to my helper that Im paying for that cost out of my checks. Iv tried to talk to the guy about pay but he wont return calls.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


I would suggest that you consult in person with an employment lawyer. If your employer has wrongfully withheld wages, then you may be able to recover three times the amount owing. You may also be entitled to unpaid overtime pay, but an employment lawyer would need more information to know for sure. You may also be able to recover your attorneys' fees from the employer. Good luck.


Thanks for your inquiry. I would recommend contacting the Industrial Commission of Arizona Wage Claim Division -- If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact our office. We do have a location in Flagstaff -- 800-229-3880. Thanks.